This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- From: LLoyd <lloydsensei+cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:29:10 +0900
- Subject: Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160413052257 dot GB28803 at mercury dot ccil dot org> <CA+Fg1xY46ANusM1MeZozkQ1u0+AHwd=vJDoWo7867az3wxPNBQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
That's what he is saying. Apparently, doing:
/cygdrive/c $ echo stuff > file1
C:\> echo stuff > file2
Does not produce exactly the same files.
John, if you can confirm?
Please also provide the "cat /mnt/c/file1" and "cat /mnt/c/file2" from UoW.
On 13 April 2016 at 19:01, Gerrit Haase <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2016-04-13 7:22 GMT+02:00 John Cowan wrote:
>> When a file is created under Cygwin, ...
> What do you mean "under Cygwin"? I always thought that there is no
> difference at all, creating files worked always transparently for me,
> given that the permissions were correctly set.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple