This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin-2.5.0 net share wbadmin no longer working post update
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:01:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin-2.5.0 net share wbadmin no longer working post update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAN2X4tEmO4H8=757x_CYFWPHtcOr+YMRfR2b07Vg7rFcrNY6tg at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160414T170618-303 at post dot gmane dot org> <CAN2X4tFfqgPS5Jc9=rodiv_4mE-mb3akSD925oA1tWy6C5jebA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Alexandria Gutierrez writes:
> I was already using a single quotes to send the command via ssh, such as:
> ssh -q -n 'command here'
Those quotes never make it over to the Windows side, since they are
stripped by the invoking shell (unless you do something to the shell).
> I added the single quotes on the path itself such as:
> and this time it worked via cygwin terminal,
> but it still does not work via ssh for some reason
That quoting just ensures you don't need to write "\\\\SERVER\\PATH"
like you would with double quotes.
> On cygwin on the windows nodes, I made sure they are using bash
> on the linux node by default we use kornshell
> Since nothing has changed, do you think this difference in shell may
> be the difference?
I don't know. But if you're dealing with multiple and possibly
different levels of quote removal, things get ugly really fast. It
seems a lot simpler to just put that command in a shell script, test
that thoroughly and then just call that script remotely. You could make
that script the login shell for a service user and can then just ssh to
that user to start the backup. Or, since we're talking Windows after
all, install the wbadmin command as a service that can be started from
Cygwin (this would have the advantage that it's easily started manually
from task manager as well).
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple