This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- From: John Cowan <cowan at mercury dot ccil dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 21:04:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <898uDoa4k7168S05 dot 1460681770 at web05 dot cms dot usa dot net>
KARL BOTTS scripsit:
> Did the inability of UoW to read a Cygwin created file ever get explained?
See the long post I just sent out.
> And then, an interesting question. Suppose we Cygwin users think we have
> identified a defect in UoW. Do we notify the MS people? Whom and how? I
> guess I think we should, though I'm not happy about it. (If they are wise,
> they will be lurking here, for exactly this reason...)
There may or may not be a defect in UoW in terms of UoW processes not having the
permissions they should have. On the other hand, Cygwin is definitely creating
strange ACEs that make files it creates inaccessible to UoW.
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan email@example.com
Clear? Huh! Why a four-year-old child could understand this report.
Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head or tail
out of it. --Rufus T. Firefly on government reports
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple