This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Warning "Font has limited support for character ranges" on every new window since yesterday
- From: LLoyd <lloydsensei+cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:03:05 +0900
- Subject: Re: Warning "Font has limited support for character ranges" on every new window since yesterday
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACmJb3zd7wYdrbVOhvD8V+i3HaTb2Rh-WhX0A9cH7JtUzAVkNA at mail dot gmail dot com> <570DE0C1 dot 6080709 at towo dot net> <CACmJb3xdcq=vAQL3hTcfbdo=ofEU+h+p+Hzd9v7YyF2ZjGMjGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <570EA5EE dot 6020806 at towo dot net>
Thank you for your message, Thomas.
I can install .fon files without problem here on Win7 (by dropping
them into the fonts folder)
I tried to install the ones from koemaeda, but ran into some problems:
- I can only install one at a time
- Whichever I install, I cannot set the correct font size (which would
be 6.5pt for the '11px' one and 8.5pt for the '14px' one)
- Whenever I use another size (smaller than 13 for the 11px one or 17
for the 17px one), the displayed letters are blurry
- Sometimes, I cannot see the font inside putty's text font menu
- Sometimes, I cannot see the font inside Windows's Fonts directory
In any case, this can be summed up as "these TTF fonts are broken" and
this is not the place for me to ask for support.
I will continue experimenting and possibly ask koemaeda for support.
Meanwhile, I have three questions:
- What was the package upgrade that caused me to get this warning? In
case I don't find a solution, I'll just downgrade it...
- Is it possible to set non-whole number as font size?
- Do you think font weights could help me get a correct setting even
with these TTF fonts?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple