This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- From: John Cowan <cowan at mercury dot ccil dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:23:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: Conflict between Cygwin 1.7 and Ubuntu for Windows 14316
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160413052257 dot GB28803 at mercury dot ccil dot org> <CA+Fg1xY46ANusM1MeZozkQ1u0+AHwd=vJDoWo7867az3wxPNBQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACmJb3yHO_VhiDoyn33d+7R_rq8Bqco6VMuTdG622Bu2u52fHA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160413131128 dot GA3162 at mercury dot ccil dot org> <570E4B45 dot 7000201 at cs dot umass dot edu> <20160413154351 dot GF32092 at mercury dot ccil dot org> <CA+Fg1xY+a-PJt7JNawvcWCqOz6GPz1PnivxzQbH4ntzXeMjhyQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160415005047 dot GE29184 at mercury dot ccil dot org> <CA+Fg1xaOQBunhBNB-8Kf=jcQQ55XswZe5S86x8L4W1qXFDn8UA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Gerrit Haase scripsit:
> > cowan@large-skunk ~
> LOL, love your machines hostname ;)
It's 100% RFC 1178 compliant, and has the big advantage that it is almost
never in use on any network I belong to, so my home machines are always
called some variant of "skunk", and my work machines too when I get to
pick their names (not often, nowadays).
Also, it makes people laugh.
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan firstname.lastname@example.org
Is a chair finely made tragic or comic? Is the portrait of Mona Lisa
good if I desire to see it? Is the bust of Sir Philip Crampton lyrical,
epical or dramatic? If a man hacking in fury at a block of wood make
there an image of a cow, is that image a work of art? If not, why not?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple