This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: file permission problem
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 22:38:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: file permission problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5711925B dot 7070506 at ca dot rr dot com>
On 16/04/2016 03:16, Barry Gold wrote:
I updated my cygwin to the latest 32-bit version (I hope), and I'm
having a problem with file permissions. Newly created files and
directories lack write permission even for the owner.
Here's some relevant stuff from my Cygwin shell window:
~ % umask
~ % touch x
~ % ll x
-rw-rw-r--+ 1 barry None 0 Apr 15 18:13 x
~ % ll .
drwxrwx---+ 1 barry None 0 Apr 15 18:13 ./
~ % cd bin
~/bin % ll .
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 barry None 0 Apr 15 18:12 ./
~/bin % touch x
~/bin % ll x
-r--r--r--+ 1 barry None 0 Apr 15 18:13 x
If I create a file in my home directory, the file permissions come out
correct. But if I create a file in my bin directory, the file
permissions are wrong -- write permission is missing, even for the owner
This is x86 cygwin on Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
check ACL permissions of the directory
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple