This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Permissions change concern
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:38:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: Permissions change concern
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5712F224 dot 7070308 at cs dot umass dot edu> <137271635 dot 20160418003844 at yandex dot ru>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 4/17/2016 5:38 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Eliot Moss!
Dear Corinna (et al.): I have set up to use a separate group that I call
Cygwin for files in my cygwin tree, and in the recent past have been able to
apply chown, chgrp, and chmod effectively. With the latest version, chmod
fails to change permissions, though I can change them with setfacl (a pain).
I may be shooting in the dark, but do try to set "Cygwin" as your user's
Instructions how to do so should be around nsswitch documentation.
If I'm not confusing things. Sorry. It was well before 2.0 I fixed my ACL
issues and didn't touched them settings since.
Ok ... I used:
net user moss /comment:'<cygwin group="Cygwin"/>'
which did change the description field of the SAM user account information.
However, it did not affect the behavior of chmod (I did, of course, end all
Cygwin processes and restarted them).
Regards -- EM
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple