This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.ini in error? More details
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:42:56 +0200
- Subject: setup.ini in error? More details
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9a506560b815d6e32c15309e53452f59 at xs4all dot nl>
On 2016-04-18 08:49, Houder wrote:
Just curious ...
Normally I do NOT use setup-x86_64.exe to "install" (download) a source
code tarball ... I will go directly to the source (i.c. a mirror).
This time I decided to use setup (in order to verify a hypothesis) ...
As usual I execute this procedure in 2 steps:
1. Download without installing
2. Install from Local Directory
(I do not maintain a local mirror)
Step 1 presented no problem.
I got a surprise when I executed step 2: when I selected the source
tarball, setup informed me ... it was going to install "debuginfo".
I was not surprised to see that intention fail ...
Only after I had modified setup.ini, where I removed the "source:" line
from tar-debuginfo, setup was able to "install" the source code
A mirror (at least the mirror I use) does not have a source-code
in a *-debuginfo subdirectory.
(to clarify: the "source:" line is present in the "tar" entry as well
in the "tar-debuginfo" entry of setup.ini -- I removed the one from
the "tar-debuginfo" entry).
To verify my finding, I repeated the procedure (that is, the I f LD
Using the original version of setup.ini:
- sheet "Full" shows tar and tar-debuginfo
- sheet "Not installed" shows tar-debuginfo
(note: no debuginfo downloaded!)
Apparently I did my clicking on the "Not installed" sheet (where I
do my selection). Yes, that was a mistake of me.
Using a modified setup.ini:
- sheet "Full" now only shows tar ...
- sheet "Not installed" is empty
When I select the source box, the source code tarball is indeed
Summary: yes, it is still possible to "install" the source code tarball
setup; however, as I have shown above, setup is confused by the
in the *-debuginfo entry.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple