This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Admin can access all files in nonadmin user cygwin file tree
- From: andy <AndyMHancock at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 02:31:17 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Admin can access all files in nonadmin user cygwin file tree
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20160418T051044-766 at post dot gmane dot org> <CACoZoo0+VcPYaadyS33uBG9s8cq7FtOW7AzGkXLDD_oh-r9=1A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist <at> gmail.com> writes:
> As administrator is the Windows counterpart to root, yes, I would
> expect this behavior when starting a mintty session as administrator
OK. I wasn't sure because, depending on what machine I'm using,
Windows 7 sometimes doesn't allow administrator to access other users'
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple