This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- From: Bill Smith <bsmith at progress dot com>
- To: silverwind <silv3rwind at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:28:31 +0000
- Subject: RE: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57169662 dot 9060503 at gmail dot com>
> $ git add C:\\test\\file <-- this fails despite exit code 0
Does it work if you do:
git add c:/test/file
We use the mixed mode paths extensively with Cygwin in our environment and it works well. We have the issue of having to work with non-Cygwin aware Windows programs.