This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- From: silverwind <silv3rwind at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:21:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57169662 dot 9060503 at gmail dot com> <e8b47924c6ff4f07993627dbb26f7066 at ntmaexbe04 dot bedford dot progress dot com> <5717A3EF dot 6030407 at gmail dot com> <5717A5C6 dot 5060001 at cs dot umass dot edu>
I think that tackling this with a script/function is a better approach ...
That's seems like a bandaid solution from which the general user base
would not be able to profit. I think a floating patch to Cygwin's git
package would be more appropriate, unless it can be addressed in
Cygwin's system calls (which I'm sure has been attempted).
Why can I
git add c:\\file.txt
? Where is this path normalization magic happening?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple