Re: git clone fails with error chmod on config.lock failed: Invalid argument

On Apr 20 15:05, Tomas Jura wrote:
BTW: My machine is Windows Server 2008, yesterday I also run the Windows
update procedure before I notified the chmod error.
A months ago, I had to migrate to the new AD account. The cygwin was
installed using my old account, which is deleted now. Is it possible that
the query to AD runs under my old account?
That's a good question.  The problem is that I can't see *why* the
requests fail.  This bugs me since failing LookupAccountSid calls should
result in a debug message when running strace.

Do you have changed your /etc/nsswitch.conf file by any chance?
No I did not. All lines are commented out there.

Would you mind to create strace output of the command `id'?
See attachment
Thanks.  It's not helpful, unfortunately.  The only hint that something
is going wrong is the same message as with chmod:

   internal_getlogin: group not found in group DB

There's no other strace message even remotely related to account mapping.
I don't grok that.  There should really be some error message :(

Btw., what's the output of `id'?

I'm wondering... is it possible that LDAP access to your DCs is
restricted?

Also, can you change /etc/nsswitch.conf like this:

   db_enum: cache local primary

(seehttps://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-enum)

exit and restart your shell and call `getent group'?  What does it
print?  Are the AD accounts enumerated and what info is printed for
them?  Examples are sufficent, I don't need your entire AD DB :)

Also, what does `getent passwd $USER' print?

Corinna

Hi

Trying to modify the /etc/nsswitch.conf , I found that I can't write it ! The file is writable only by the user which created it and which not exists any more (see above my story). I changed owner and access rights for /etc/nsswitch.conf and whole /var directory tree (also /var/cache). And it's started working!

Then I removed the modifications of the /etc/nsswitch.conf (all lines commented) and it works too. It seems that the problem is related to file access rights to /var.

Tomas