This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
can't open cygwin from shortcut
- From: Doug McIlroy <doug at cs dot dartmouth dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:26:46 -0400
- Subject: can't open cygwin from shortcut
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On a Microsoft Surface running CYGWIN_NT-10.0 version 2.4.1(0.293/5/3)
I cannot start Cygwin from the desktop shortcut. It fails to find
mintty. On failure, it proffers a browsing window focused on /bin.
Clicking on mintty in that window does not work. I can start
Cygwin via a Windows "run" request, however.
On a Dell desktop machine running CYGWIN_NT-6.3 version 1.7.34(0.285/5/3)
where the shortcut works, I see that the pathname in the shortcut
ends in mintty.exe. The .exe extension is missing in the 2.4.1
shortcut. Could this be the cause? If so, is there a convenient
way to edit a shortcut?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple