This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Proposed patch for web site: update most links to HTTPS
- From: Brian Clifton <brian at clifton dot me>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 01:03:12 +0000
- Subject: RE: Proposed patch for web site: update most links to HTTPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=clifton.me;
- References: <BL2PR03MB228A4FE7B2CCA51E5FF5163DF610 at BL2PR03MB228 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <1074467721 dot 20160425030008 at yandex dot ru>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Can you please elaborate on why? I'm confused on why you prefer that Cygwin links users to non-secure versions of pages? (which in many cases will be redirected anyways).
Links which ONLY work on http *have not* been changed and there are no other changes in this patch.
From: Andrey Repin [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:00 PM
To: Brian Clifton <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Proposed patch for web site: update most links to HTTPS
Greetings, Brian Clifton!
> Hi folks,
> I have a proposed change for the web site. This patch (see below) will
> update most of the urls to HTTPS. In many cases there was a redirect;
> for those I captured the new canonical address.
With best regards,
Monday, April 25, 2016 02:59:46
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple