This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty font problem
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:19:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mintty font problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <014uDkmQD5520S08 dot 1460378583 at web08 dot cms dot usa dot net> <570C0BC0 dot 6070205 at towo dot net> <570D5A16 dot 7050303 at towo dot net>
Am 12.04.2016 um 22:27 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Am 11.04.2016 um 22:40 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Actually, it does allow that, as can be seen with some other fonts.
The issue with Lucida Console is that it does not have a bold weight,
so there is only the Normal (400) weight which is then selected by the
new font weight tweaking algorithm.
Am 11.04.2016 um 14:43 schrieb KARL BOTTS:
Perhaps related to font issues in mintty: In .minttyrc is a new
which means you had configured the bold version of the font.
actually, rather the normal, non-bold font. The new font weight
adjustment apparently enforces that although you selected bold
(unless an even bolder weight would exist in the font family).
Maybe the font selection should be tweaked to allow selecting a bold
font even at the cost of not having a bolder variant available.
after I installed Cygwin 2.4.1-1 and mintty 2.3.5. (I noticed,
only because I have home dir files in revision control.) I too use
With the 700, the font looked visibly "skinny" to me.
This is obviously inconsistent with the behaviour of mapping 700 to
I set it to 800, looks fine now. No problem, just tinkering required.
This has been tweaked in the repository.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple