This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld randomly assigns wrong user and group IDs to executable
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:40:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: ld randomly assigns wrong user and group IDs to executable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <uqmkhb9kmv244kd755urqpunns6qk6gbe2 at 4ax dot com>
> During configure, a particular c++ program compiles fine, but the generated
> executable has the wrong user and group IDs and permissions, so the
> configure test fails and my build fails.
Seems to be a BLODA problem. The problem is inconsistent/intermittent, and
happens only on one of my three Windows hosts. The bad machine has
Symtantec Endpoint Protection running (I can't disable it), and
CYGWIN=detect_bloda also finds C:\windows\system32\privman64.dll, the
"BeyondTrust Power Broker for Windows DLL". Seems a likely suspect.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple