This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
"man" hangs attempting to access UNC paths
- From: joeking <joecygwin at porkka dot us>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:23:35 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: "man" hangs attempting to access UNC paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
When I try using "man", it hangs for a long time.
>From PROCMON, I see that MAN.exe is accessing
\\man\PIPE\wkssvc - failed with BAD NETWORK PATH - about 3 seconds.
\\share\man\ - failed with BAD NETWORK PATH - about 75 seconds to fail.
It also tries \\.\.\ several times, and \\.\.\man once.
"man -d" doesn't seem to indicate anything odd.
Is there some special reconfiguring needed?
This is Cygwin64 and Cygwin32 on Windows 7.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/man-hangs-attempting-to-access-UNC-paths-tp126622.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple