This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "man" hangs attempting to access UNC paths
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:22:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: "man" hangs attempting to access UNC paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461777815571-126622 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:23:35AM -0700, joeking wrote:
> When I try using "man", it hangs for a long time.
> From PROCMON, I see that MAN.exe is accessing
> \\man\PIPE\wkssvc - failed with BAD NETWORK PATH - about 3 seconds.
> \\share\man\ - failed with BAD NETWORK PATH - about 75 seconds to fail.
> It also tries \\.\.\ several times, and \\.\.\man once.
> "man -d" doesn't seem to indicate anything odd.
> Is there some special reconfiguring needed?
> This is Cygwin64 and Cygwin32 on Windows 7.
Works just fine for me. Can you have a read of the problem reporting
guidelines and, in particular, provide a cygcheck.out file?
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple