This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
reading from pipes fails if working directory is on a removable drive
- From: mihau <mh at mihau dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:16:59 +0200
- Subject: reading from pipes fails if working directory is on a removable drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
came across this today on a fresh (2 days old) installation of cygwin x86
$ cat test.txt | head
3 [main] head (3348) C:\tools\cygwin\bin\head.exe: *** fatal error - MapViewOfFileEx '(null)'(0x5DC), Win32 error 6. Terminating.
reading from pipes works fine if working directory is a local drive or a UNC path,
but this happens if the working directory is removable drive. I tried with/on various
devices and it happens on all removable drives, regardless of the filesystem (NTFS or FAT32)
also, 'head' is just an example; the same error comes up when trying to use grep,
sed or gawk (haven't tested with others yet).
does anybody know what could be causing this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple