This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: reading from pipes fails if working directory is on a removable drive
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:23:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: reading from pipes fails if working directory is on a removable drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3429db07-294c-a42a-f131-45016ecf5af9 at mihau dot de>
On 28/04/2016 23:16, mihau wrote:
came across this today on a fresh (2 days old) installation of cygwin x86
$ cat test.txt | head
3 [main] head (3348) C:\tools\cygwin\bin\head.exe: *** fatal error
- MapViewOfFileEx '(null)'(0x5DC), Win32 error 6. Terminating.
reading from pipes works fine if working directory is a local drive or a
but this happens if the working directory is removable drive. I tried
devices and it happens on all removable drives, regardless of the
filesystem (NTFS or FAT32)
also, 'head' is just an example; the same error comes up when trying to
sed or gawk (haven't tested with others yet).
does anybody know what could be causing this?
My cygwin is on a removable drive so your experience
is not normal.
I guess some BLODA.
As suggested on
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed. "
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple