Deterministic builds

Is it possible to build an executable on Cygwin so that subsequent builds (with no change in source) produce identical results? Currently, the timestamp embedded in executables prevents this. (I don't know if that's the only obstacle.)

For example:

$ cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int
main ()
{
 printf("Hello, world!\n");
 return 0;
}

$ gcc hello.c -o hello1

$ gcc hello.c -o hello2

$ objdump -p hello1.exe | grep Time/Date
Time/Date               Wed May  4 09:20:24 2016

$ objdump -p hello2.exe | grep Time/Date
Time/Date               Wed May  4 09:20:29 2016

My actual use case is that I'm building a package that produces a large number of executables. If I make a change in one source file, I'd like to be able to know which executables change.

Ken