This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xfig 3.2.5c crashes on Cygwin/X - same problem
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: Hara Kiri <Spaegge at gmx dot de>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 06:44:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: xfig 3.2.5c crashes on Cygwin/X - same problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-953aca66-7441-4316-ac79-fb23461bfbc6-1462407411466 at 3capp-gmx-bs49>
- Reply-to: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
On 05/05/2016 02:16, Hara Kiri wrote:
last September you were reported xfig 3.2.5c crashing on Cygwin/X when
As the same Problem occured to me and there were no followups to the
question or your reply,
I'd like to start a new approach (it doesn't seem to be a widespread
Hope you got the time to look into this.
(I didn't reply on the page so I could attach the cygcheck.out)
What did I do?
1. approach: start Cygwin64 Terminal -> startx -> xfig (in cygwin/X window)
2. approach: start xwin server -> open XTerm (via x applications menu)
xfig works fine, as long as I don't try to open or save files (or
export, even exit).
When I do, the same problem occurs as for the first person.
xfig3.2.5c: SIGSEGV signal trapped
xfig: attempting to save figure
(With the extra message: "xfig: <number> object(s) saved in
"/home/<name>/SAVE.fig"" if I drew
objects in xfig. The file does, in fact, exist, but I can't convert it.)
Hopefully this helps you helping me. Thank you in advance.
Please use the cygwin mailing list.
Have you tried Jon's workaround ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple