This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Ruby version 2.2.4-1 troubles
- From: David Schmitt <david_schmitt at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 07:12:47 -0400
- Subject: Ruby version 2.2.4-1 troubles
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B60145F537086E4EB84C96AB617CCEF72CD37A3824 at FHDP1LUMXC7V21 dot us dot one dot verizon dot com>
Ruby stops working when I install 2.2.4-1 and resumes working when I downgrade to 2.2.3-1.
I would guess the problem is triggered by anti-virus software (which I cannot disable) preventing the load of some new DLL.
Has anyone else encountered (and worked-around) this problem?
- Ruby scripts all silently exit with status 0 (no error message)
- Invoking the ruby command directly also exits with status 0 and no error message
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Cygwin 32 bit (some packages I need were not available as 64 bit)
- Installed for local user only (I don’t have admin privileges)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple