This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Formatting command line arguments when starting a Cygwin process from a native process
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 18:02:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Formatting command line arguments when starting a Cygwin process from a native process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <005c01d1a6e2$30270ba0$907522e0$ at metastack dot com> <CACoZoo1LObZ0zu9X5O6dV4cO4jN+GO28bdRbuDkTMdaKHXpVbQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <000101d1a76d$c37c6b80$4a754280$ at metastack dot com> <967954968 dot 20160506172040 at yandex dot ru> <006301d1a834$6ccd1380$46673a80$ at cantab dot net> <6e1f2ba2-0c8e-4659-4c5a-d748e90c1ced at lysator dot liu dot se> <8d8fe966-caeb-491c-32e7-fc48ccd56d74 at gmail dot com> <008f01d1aa0a$6b163f30$4142bd90$ at cantab dot net>
On 09/05/2016 17:49, David Allsopp wrote:
Marco Atzeri wrote:
Ultimate overview of MS escape howto :
This is a great article (which I'd not come across before), but this relates
to Microsoft's mechanisms for quoting which aren't applicable here - it's
definitely the Cygwin DLL which does it!
I am puzzled, I had the impression you asked:
"I am trying to work out the precise details for character escaping when
starting a Cygwin process from a native (i.e. non-Cygwin) Windows process."
So the exec should be on "Windows process" side,
why inside the Cygwin DLL ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple