This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cmp missing from base
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:29:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: cmp missing from base
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <572C697E dot 1090408 at towo dot net> <29250DCF-60A0-4113-9834-25EA744E8F41 at etr-usa dot com> <E962DB2A-209C-43FA-9620-CB7CC35245E1 at etr-usa dot com> <5730F9A6 dot 9010304 at redhat dot com>
On May 9, 2016, at 2:57 PM, Eric Blake <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 12:29 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> RHELâs coreutil depends on gmp, while Cygwinâs does not, but this does not tell us that Cygwinâs coreutils should be rebuilt to depend on gmp.
> Umm, the cygwin build of coreutils DOES depend on gmp
I was just quickly vdiffing package lists, and didnât fix up a mismatch in package naming: RHEL calls it gmp, Cygwin calls it libgmp10. Oopsie.
The point still stands, though, because there are many other examples I could have chosen: glib, sqlite, expat...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple