This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: add fish to /etc/shells (base-files)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 13:09:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: add fish to /etc/shells (base-files)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <pe94jbtrjf32qn2u0mbtrful36o1trjguj at 4ax dot com> <ngvnm4$tms$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
> Am 10.05.2016 um 20:19 schrieb Andrew Schulman:
> > Achim, can you please add /bin/fish and /usr/bin/fish to /etc/shells in
> > base-files?
> I seem to remember that this was discussed before. If you could perhaps
> look up that discussion and fill me in what the conclusion was last time
Hm, you're right, it was discussed before:
I don't know if there was consensus, but the last word there from CGF was
that shell packages should run a postinstall step to add themselves to
That seems reasonable. There are questions about the right way to do it,
but I'll ask those in a separate thread.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple