cp: skipping file 'file', as it was replaced while being copied

Hi;

  cp: skipping file 'file', as it was replaced while being copied

  I have several mounted partitions on my Windows machine (64bit Windows 7).

  Copying a file using cygwin cp , via mintty, from a mounted drive to
a local path, I frequently get the aforementioned message.

  Is the partition not properly understood by Cygwin?

  I really dislike having to use Windows in the first place, at least
Cygwin, when it works, makes it more bearable.

The actual command was (line broken by backslash by me to make it more
readable):

 cp /cygdrive/p/Engineering/Ken_Wolcott/new_Mobility_Audit_script/try1.pl \
/cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/kwolcott/Desktop/files4trombone/.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott