This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: system lags and dysfunctional after cygwin update
- From: Ben Altman <benalt at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 23:09:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: system lags and dysfunctional after cygwin update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <99f62d42-de9c-2209-85c4-42454ab9cf3c at gmail dot com> <e6f2c0a1-2902-e8c4-e15d-46ce64ee4c46 at gmail dot com> <9635c6be-33c2-5837-2f6f-dec5ad94af6e at gmail dot com> <643878144 dot 20160513050740 at yandex dot ru>
On 5/12/2016 10:07 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Ben Altman!
On 5/12/2016 10:44 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 12/05/2016 16:35, Ben Altman wrote:
Another thing that happens is that
Internet Explorer stops working - it loads unresponsive and then
crashes. Chrome loads but won't reach any website. Firefox works but
will become unresponsive frequently. Rebooting fixes the issue until I
do something in one of my scripts that triggers it again.
These can not be an effect of cygwin.
Something else cripped your system.
That is the puzzling thing. It only happens when I am running cygwin or
babun is a repackaged Cygwin rip-off.
Delete it and install Cygwin proper.
I don't have any specific need for Babun beyond it having a working mutt
while my Cygwin installation does not. Perhaps reinstalling Cygwin from
scratch again would be the easiest remedy.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple