This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Show Symbol Table for OMF (.obj)?
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 19:35:18 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Show Symbol Table for OMF (.obj)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1721a243f6fa4a32877cfdda157ad327 at ntmaexbe04 dot bedford dot progress dot com>
Benjamin Cao writes:
> I am curious to know if there is a command that will display a symbol
table for *.obj files. It seems as if
> commands such as "nm" or "objdump" do not do this. I get "File format
> If there is a way to get it to work with nm or objdump, I am all ears.
Or if there is a different command to satisfy
> this, that would be helpful as well.
Both nm and objdump are capable of displaying symbol tables. The error
message you're getting means you need to explicitly specify
"--target=BFDNAME" with BFDNAME matching the .obj file's format.
The formats we typically see are pe-i386 and pei-i386 for x86 object and
image, and pe-x86-64 and pei-x86-64 for x86_64 object and image,
'nm --help' and 'objdump --help' show the supported targets.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple