This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ATN: git maintainer] Git package depends on python
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 17:24:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ATN: git maintainer] Git package depends on python
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+CupnyEbnX1kc7OrSA-+rkGRvWd8zNMs7CXELU_V7wz0rTYZQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On May 16, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Jon Ross <email@example.com> wrote:
> Nor can I find any python files in the git package.
I expect it is that file (or another like it) that cygport is finding and automatically adding the python dependency.
In the past, packages have had to be restructured to extract such non-core commands to avoid this. In this case, it could be a git-p4 package, just for those rare people who use both Git and Perforce.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple