This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ATN: git maintainer] Git package depends on python
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 18:38:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ATN: git maintainer] Git package depends on python
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+CupnyEbnX1kc7OrSA-+rkGRvWd8zNMs7CXELU_V7wz0rTYZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <2352D2F1-0164-4940-A234-A100BEC9ACC6 at etr-usa dot com>
On 2016-05-16 18:24, Warren Young wrote:
On May 16, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Jon Ross <email@example.com> wrote:
Nor can I find any python files in the git package.
I expect it is that file (or another like it) that cygport is finding and
automatically adding the python dependency.
In the past, packages have had to be restructured to extract such non-core
commands to avoid this. In this case, it could be a git-p4 package, just
for those rare people who use both Git and Perforce.
+1 (and obviously it's manpage should go there too).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple