This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Help debugging a dll issue
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 22:54:29 -0400
- Subject: Help debugging a dll issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
Dear Cygwin friends --
I am trying to get pypy to build under cygwin. (It used to do so, but
has not been maintained.) I am very close, but there is something quite
odd happening when trying to access the large dll that the system builds:
the first call into that dll goes wild and causes a segfault. The issue
seems to lie with run-time linking, for I can use dlopen to open the dll
and then dlsym to look up the function, and I get the same bad address.
I see nothing wrong from nm and objdump. The dll is about 70 million
bytes long, so I can't really post it, but if you want to have a crack
at this, we can find some mutually agreeable place and I can tell you
the entry point I am trying to access.
I have found that if I patch the indirection in the associated .exe file
to refer to the actual address of the function, then the program runs,
so it's just this one linkage that is not working (apparently). Very
mysterious to me.
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple