This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can I eliminate diagnostic messages from cp
- From: lostbits <aschwarz1309 at att dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:45:20 -0700
- Subject: Can I eliminate diagnostic messages from cp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I use cp as my backup tool from disk to USB. There are maybe 40,000
files involved and each one has a message of
"cp: preserving permissions for <file>â: Not supported". These messages
slow down the backup and obscure meaningful faults. Is there any option
for removing the messages?
My command line is: cp <directory> /<usb>
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple