This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: Help debugging a dll issue
- From: RenÃ Berber <rene dot berber at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 22:56:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Help debugging a dll issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1781b970-23ef-8e8b-ccbb-0e63d09eef2e at cs dot umass dot edu> <3c5c59da-a72e-b756-6395-f134e6f34614 at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Reply-to: Do not reply <rene dot berber at gmail dot com>
On 5/21/2016 10:15 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
>> You surely tried this already: strip --strip-unneeded or --strip-debug?
> A helpful thought, but no, it did not occur to me. Getting pypy to run
> that extra step in the middle of its build would involve hacking its
> of generating a Makefile, while it already had __declspec handling for the
> Windows native build case, so it made sense to me to go that way for this
> application -- but I'll file that away for future use!
It wouldn't work, by the time you run strip the library is already
created with the wrong information... only if it happens to strip all
the bad symbols, very unlikely, it would apparently work.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple