This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
nm for .exe extensions?
- From: Benjamin Cao <becao at progress dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 12:43:59 +0000
- Subject: nm for .exe extensions?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am working with a customer on using the nm command in Cygwin for Windows. The customer wants to be able to generate a symbol table on *.exe files similar to what nm does on unix platforms. The executable, when run with nm in Cygwin, results in a "no symbols" result, whereas it generates a symbol table in unix.
I understand that these commands will certainly be different in both Cygwin for Windows and the unix platforms, but is there any way that *.exe will generate a symtab with nm?
Note: The customer said the Windows "dumpbin" does not satisfy his needs either... what fun.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple