This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about XP support
- From: Herbert Stocker <hersto at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 20:38:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about XP support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j6=XNUF38bZfCuv2tvHVLnRAKwx8sJ=GzXM92-0dzpvfg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 24.05.2016 18:44, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I thought that support for Windows XP had been removed from Cygwin.
No, has not yet been removed.
And i'm sooo happy about this.
Cause i'm still using XP for my work. Deliberately.
Why? Because it's so lightweight in a virtual machine.
Give it only a few hundred Megabytes of RAM and it runs.
And for those who say XP is insecure because it doesn't receive
updates anymore: If i run a virus scan on my XP (using GData)
it does NOT find anything.
And BTW, Microsoft still sends me a Defender update every month
via automatic updates.
my 2 cents,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple