This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- From: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 06:56:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538382235 dot 210794 dot 1464156496492 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com> <538382235 dot 210794 dot 1464156496492 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <58328382 dot 20160525093952 at yandex dot ru>
- Reply-to: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
OpenGL and drivers are not on the supported list.
I suppose cygwin problems will all be moot once the
Windows 10+Canonical Ubuntu is well-established, but we're not there yet.
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrey Repin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 16:39
Subject: Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
>> It seems still the same problem with dri-drivers
>> probably caused by LLVM 3.7
> Unfortunately, the dri-driver versions available in the installer
> depend on LLVM 3.7, so, even though reverting back to LLVM 3.5
> is offered when you select llvm, you can't pull in a dri-driver
> that works with that older version of LLVM to test that hypothesis.
> So, not much point to offering that older version of LLVM.
> Regardless of the fact that OpenGL is broken (again), this is
> really a problem with Cygwin as a perennial work-in-progress
> and its (lack of) version control.
> I'd like to be able to download a stable-known-to-work-on
> a-specified date golden-master Cygwin, without incremental
> upgrades, and revert to that known-to-work Cygwin if needs
> be. Once every six months? I'd be good with that.
RedHat offers paid support for Cygwin, you know.
And it would be really wonderful, if you teach your mail client to not break
With best regards,
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 09:38:43
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple