This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about XP support
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:56:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question about XP support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j6=XNUF38bZfCuv2tvHVLnRAKwx8sJ=GzXM92-0dzpvfg at mail dot gmail dot com> <57449FA6 dot 8050704 at gmx dot de> <20160525100736 dot GB17601 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 25 May 2016 at 06:07, Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On May 24 20:38, Herbert Stocker wrote:
>> On 24.05.2016 18:44, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>> > I thought that support for Windows XP had been removed from Cygwin.
>> No, has not yet been removed.
>> And i'm sooo happy about this.
> Uh oh, bad timing...
> The next release 2.5.2 introduces the first non-XP compatible code.
> It's in a seldom used corner of the code and it doesn't require
> functions unavailable on XP, so it will very likely not break 99% of the
> existing applications yet.
> But the next release after will very likely break XP support entirely.
Would this be something to move to 3.x because there seems to be a lot
of people who come onto the list a lot. That way they know they can
use 2.5.1 and that is the last 'stable' release they need to 'fork'
from as say Cygnus-XP1 to keep going?
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple