This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)
- From: Tobias Zawada <i_inbox at tn-home dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 16:55:44 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <466943424 dot 37628 dot 394d161a-7219-415d-a659-0f774811ad2d dot open-xchange at email dot 1und1 dot de> <44459aa0-4381-2368-ab63-5dffc26f3344 at cornell dot edu>
Thanks, Ken for the following info:
> This looks like a bug I reported several years ago; it actually has
> nothing to do with emacs:
> It was fixed but then reappeared some months later:
> It was fixed again but apparently is back. The test case from the
> original report still exhibits the problem.
I had a look at the elisp-function gdb-send.
The command process-send-string is used there for sending commands to gdb.
Is it right that the problem manifests itself already there?
The doc of process-send-string says that this command may send the string
contents as separate bunches of data.
If the output is already incomplete because of the partitioned input through
process-send-string I see no way for a cygwin-specific workaround and we must
wait for a fix of gdb.
Do you know where I should report the bug?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple