This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: BashHere Prompt
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 20:33:05 +0000
- Subject: RE: BashHere Prompt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:doQ8/xKU0EVXdtw+6tmcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgVKv/xwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOAu6MC17ed6vy+EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i760zceF13FOBZvIaytQ8iJ35Xxi735osGNKyxzxxODIppKZC2sqgvQssREyaBDEY0WjiXzn31TZu5NznlpL1/A1zz158O34YIxu38I46FpytREGZneU+x4COYATWduD2dgrsb6ugbCSyOE93QDU2NQmR1NSUCR5wD1QZb3miDrufV83m+ROsigHp4uXjH3pY12Qx/iiSELOiR9uEvekNZhxOJ9gTLmgT1W4qKVKLK4AbA2Kon3YNgaT2tHUstLfypAC4KwKY0OD6wOOvgO/Nq1nEcHsRbrXVrkP+jo0DIdwyWu0A==
- References: <CADjvH9ioys7jwFGSbAtQgxKo4sxcBiFnTQA83Cbs35=BbTaZEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <9175d251-6f6e-b8a0-a647-2b5133e31c82 at gmail dot com> <CADjvH9hZkhZc4KTB-ROv0k-6j7Qo+8Xo7OA8p2hyS-983A3OPw at mail dot gmail dot com> <57474DC8 dot 9060504 at winfirst dot com>
Mark Hansen sent the following at Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:26 PM
>On 5/26/2016 11:21 AM, Kevin J. Duling wrote:
>> Possibly not. Mine certainly isn't bundled up as nicely. It was just
>> a Q&D hack I put together eons ago.
>> Mine allows you to right-click on both the folder and the drive
>> letter. I wasn't aware of chere, so I've tried installing it today.
>> I'm not seeing the context menus in Explorer in my Win7 VM, so I can't
>> tell if it does the same thing.
>I use chere on Windows 7 and I get a context menu in Windows/Explorer
>(which is what I thought it was intended to do). I don't know why you're
>not seeing that.
For the archives:
For a while, I had chere installed but it had mysteriously stop showing up
in the context menu. (It wasn't clear what had changed. Reinstalling
didn't fix it. And it appeared that the registry entries were OK.) I got
similar functionality via the SendTo menu. I put a shortcut into my
The target was:
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -e /bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe "%L"
It would open the containing folder for the highlighted file or folder.
BTW, chere started working again when they gave me a new box.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.