This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- From: bzs at theworld dot com
- To: Ben Altman <benalt at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 15:58:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22343 dot 29371 dot 145881 dot 606587 at pcls8 dot std dot com> <f43882d6-e714-b9d0-85f7-9eb5e3eebea0 at gmail dot com>
As I said the slowdown was intermittant, Rapport had been running at
least a week or so before the slowdown started which didn't affect for
example cmd or power shell only cygwin that I noticed.
But when I stopped Rapport the slowdown (15+ second process
activation) disappeared instantly.
Needs more investigation but maybe this will help someone else, if I
can save just one child...
Software Tool & Die | bzs@TheWorld.com | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: +1 617-STD-WRLD | 800-THE-WRLD
The World: Since 1989 | A Public Information Utility | *oo*
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple