This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- From: Ben Altman <benalt at gmail dot com>
- To: bzs at theworld dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:13:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22343 dot 29371 dot 145881 dot 606587 at pcls8 dot std dot com> <f43882d6-e714-b9d0-85f7-9eb5e3eebea0 at gmail dot com> <22344 dot 42697 dot 736084 dot 559336 at pcls8 dot std dot com>
On 5/27/2016 3:58 PM, email@example.com wrote:
As I said the slowdown was intermittant, Rapport had been running at
least a week or so before the slowdown started which didn't affect for
example cmd or power shell only cygwin that I noticed.
But when I stopped Rapport the slowdown (15+ second process
activation) disappeared instantly.
Needs more investigation but maybe this will help someone else, if I
can save just one child...
I understand and I am not disagreeing with your observations, but in my
case, and I failed to mention that I have had Rapport installed for
years now, I have not experienced that behavior as you have. Though, I
am planning on putting the configuration file of my script back next
week to see if that was what caused the behavior on my system. I will
try killing Rapport and see if that affects the situation now that you
have mentioned it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple