This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Suggestion to move Cygwin documentation to more version neutral path...
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 16:56:58 +0300
- Subject: Re: Suggestion to move Cygwin documentation to more version neutral path...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87lh2t3mk7 dot fsf at gavenkoa dot example dot com> <6a13c048-d619-01ef-7856-1b5c68bd5e28 at t-online dot de> <878tyt2f5u dot fsf at gavenkoa dot example dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Oleksandr Gavenko!
> On 2016-05-29, Hans-Bernhard BrÃker wrote:
>>> As far as I know current Cygwin version is 1.7.
>> That knowledge is rather inaccurate.
> Now I see that Cygwin as project at version like 1.7.xx now, as in announce:
> Updated: Cygwin 1.7.34-6
Why do you refer to last year's announce?
Why not https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-04/msg00063.html ?
> But Cygwin dll is at version 2.5.1 and I think it like platform API level:
You know, you don't need to guess on publicly available information?
> bash# uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 vm-ms 2.5.1(0.297/5/3) 2016-04-21 22:12 i686 Cygwin
Current Cygwin DLL version
The most recent version of the Cygwin DLL is 2.5.1. Install it by running
setup-x86.exe (32-bit installation) or setup-x86_64.exe (64-bit installation).
With best regards,
Sunday, May 29, 2016 16:53:28
Sorry for my terrible english...