This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 32 bit lib dirs on cygwin64, advice sought
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 07:19:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: 32 bit lib dirs on cygwin64, advice sought
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <942E9B22984F4DA8BBC52814E9069B43 at black7>
Jason Pyeron <jpyeron <at> pdinc.us> writes:
> I feel I am making things way too complicated.
> I have a Makefile, which is building a static library  in both 32 and 64
> bit. The current issue is it creates a static lib (.a file) and installs
> both the 32 and 64 to /usr/lib/, which is not working because the 64 and 32
> bit lib overwrite each other.
No, it's not working because on Cygwin64 there are no 32bit libraries at all
and no 64bit libraries on Cygwin32, vice-versa.
> For now I am going to hard code the /usr/lib32/ in the Makefile on target
> ia32 for cygwin64.
Whatever you are trying to do there, you will likely need to use a
cross-compiler. In any case the result is completely useless on Cygwin64,
so you might just as well not build it in the first place.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple