Unwanted disconnections of X clients - cygwin 64 - version 2.874

Hello,

We use Cygwin for a few years to give access to linux servers to users from their windows PC.
We use xlaunch to launch Xwin and open X11 remote sessions via XDMCP.
Our linux server launches on Cygwin/X a client to let users authentificate themselves and open a session on the linux server. Once connected, gdm3 opens a session combining a set of clients and permitting the users to open the applications they need.

This works correctly on several pc of our local network with various versions of cygwin, such as:
- version 2.859 of cygwin (installation: 16/01/2015) - 32 bits
- version 2.870 of cygwin (installation: 24/04/2015) - 64 bits

With recent versions, at least  2.873 or 2.874, we observe that :
- the login client is closed and relaunched every 2 to 5 minutes
- the session, once opened, is closed and all clients killed every 2 to 5 minutes, independently of the activity of the user (he may work or not), as if the PC was disconnected. The login client is displayed again after each disconnection.

Nothing abnormal appears in the log file of cygwin, nor in the windows events and errors files.

On the linux server, some errors are notified in the .xsession-errors of the user: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server

x-session-manager[4139]: Gdk-WARNING: x-session-manager: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0. (gnome-settings-daemon:4200): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0. (gnome-terminal:4473): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-terminal: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0.0. Avertissement du gestionnaire de fenÃtres : Erreur fatale d'E/S 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) sur le visuel  147.100.68.164:0 Â. g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting. g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting. g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
Received signal:15->'ComplÃtÃ'
(nm-applet:4254): Gdk-WARNING **: nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0. (gdu-notification-daemon:4257): Gdk-WARNING **: gdu-notification-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0. (gnome-screensaver:4281): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Ressource temporairement non disponible) on X server 147.100.68.164:0.

May be, on the linux server, the session manager fails to read or write something on the X server running on the PC or to receive some data he has asked, and decides to close the session. But what ?

On the same PC, when I try to compare permissions on folders like /tmp, /tmp/.X11-unix, /var/run, /var/tmp, ..., between the recent version with disconnection problems and an older one without these problems, I notice many differences. But I don't know whether they are or not in relation with the problem and it doen't seem judicious to apply a few limited and punctual modifications, rather than a script rationally solving permission problems.

I have not found on cygwin archives recent contributions about similar problems.
Have someone met similar problems and found how to solve them ?

Best regards,

Jean-Paul Bouchet
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique - Centre de Provence, Alpes, CÃte d'Azur UR 1052 <http://w3.avignon.inra.fr/gafl/en> - GÃnÃtique et AmÃlioration des Fruits et LÃgumes
Domaine Saint-Maurice - CS 60094 - F-84143 Montfavet cedex - France
E-mail : <mailto:Jean-Paul.Bouchet@avignon.inra.fr>