This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-2
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:12:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <953793912 dot 12352673 dot 1466549681179 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com> <953793912 dot 12352673 dot 1466549681179 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On Jun 21, 2016, at 4:54 PM, <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Three years ago, 64-bit OpenGL not yet working at all was simply motivation to see how the then-new 64-bit Geomview fleshed out.
Why mention OpenGL at all, then?
This is part of reducing the problem to a simple test case: remove confounding complexities.
> I don't have the technical knowledge to reduce Geomview's internal complexities to a simple C program
It doesnât have to be a C program. It just has to be a short command or program that someone could run. Give me a 3-line command, or a short script, or a series of menu options to click, or *something*.
Help me help you.
> I've reproduced this SaVi-can't-talk-with-Geomview-on-64-bit-cygwin problem on multiple installs
How, exactly? Give me the step-by-step.
Realize that almost no one reading this will even know what Geomview and SaVi *are*, much less how to run them.
> (you might want to turn off non-ascii apostrophes. They don't seem to match your encoding, as shown in the web mailarchive.)
I just checked the archives of two other mailing lists I regularly contribute to, and they show the non-ASCII characters correctly in their web archives.
My mailer is using good old UTF-8, as you can see by the headers it emits. Apparently Sourcewareâs mail processing chain isnât UTF-8 clean.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple