This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-2
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 09:29:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <953793912 dot 12352673 dot 1466549681179 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com> <953793912 dot 12352673 dot 1466549681179 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <2118813453 dot 12281992 dot 1466559153922 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <0bafcf1a-590e-3e30-679f-117cd4aeba7a at gmail dot com>
On Jun 22, 2016, at 6:39 AM, Marco Atzeri <email@example.com> wrote:
> may be is a piping problem, but there is no evidence; it could be a lot of different issues due to 64bit porting.
> I will not be surprise if there is wrong assumption on data size.
Thatâs my guess, too.
64-bit Windows is LLP64, while 64-bit Linux is LP64 on the same hardware.
That means that any binary protocol that uses Câs âlongâ data type will do the wrong thing on Cygwin, because it uses Windowsâ data size rules for ABI compatibility with Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple