Re: wget 1.17.x creates odd permissions on downloaded files

Greetings, Zube!

>>  This is how Cygwin works around certain incompatibilities between
>>  Windows and POSIX permission models.  Do NOT fall into a trap
>>  and believe that Explorer trying to drag you to.  The permissions
>>  are correct, it's just that Explorer is unable to deal with them,
>>  because all it knows is so-called "canonical" order.

> OK.

>> If you want Windows behavior, use noacl flag on non-Cygwin mounts.

> Thank you.  As you might have seen in my follow-up, it was simply
> a change in behavior that I wasn't expecting.  Now that I expect
> it, I can certainly set the execute bit on whatever executables
> I download.

Yeah, that caught me not once, too, on new installations. But I was expecting
something like that, knowing how Cygwin handles file permissions in general.
(Read: same as Linux.)
The actual fix in each case depends on the typical usage of a given Cygwin
install. There's no silver bullet.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin