This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty issue with version 2.3.7
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 19:17:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: mintty issue with version 2.3.7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f8ac7e70-2b59-3aaa-4f8b-ce8f910f27bc at gmail dot com>
Am 29.06.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Christoph Zimmermann:
After the recent update to version 2.3.7 mintty prints the error message
Error: could not open log file: File exists.
: File exists <log file name>
I suppose you have set Log=something in your .minttrc;
the described behaviour is actually on purpose;
if there a exists a log file with the requested name already, it is
assumed that it may contain valuable logging information
and shouldn't inadvertently be overwritten.
To configure logging in .minttyrc, you should use some % placeholders
(see manual page) to create distinct log files.
I will amend the manual page for clarification.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple