This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: chere not seeing my preferred $HOME
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 22:18:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: chere not seeing my preferred $HOME
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-63d84bf2-3537-4dc9-bd09-fd297e17bc5b-1467314772125 at 3capp-gmx-bs40> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A704BB77F14 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 30/06/2016 21:55, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
From: Rainer Blome
(Actually, I don't know how to do that, so I do it manually.)
not sure what you are aiming for here.
I simply want chere to run my .profile before it presents
me with the bash prompt.
The purpose of `chere` is, quoting from its help,
to "to right click a folder in Windows Explorer and
open a Cygwin shell *in that folder*."
Your `.bash_profile` should run in whatever directory
it is called from. To refer to a file in your $HOME,
explicitly do so (by prefixing any path with $HOME).
I guess the problem is knowing how to tell chere what
my Cygwin $HOME is.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple